Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Pumpkins


So, about 2 weeks ago one of my best friends Emily (Blais) came down for a night from Phoenix and we decided to get a bit crafty. Emily had seen this cute idea at Michael's and she convinced me that we could pull it off. I was worried, as I rarely take on crafty things beyond scrapbooking. I think it was last Christmas season that I was at her house in Phoenix mod podging styrofoam Christmas trees. And about 2 years before that in Wyview (BYU) we Mod Podged Norman Rockwell photos onto canvas. Those crafts didn't turn out nearly as well. Emily is always so good about taking on projects and convincing me to do it with her. I think we are actually getting better. Maybe its true - practice does make perfect? She already has a Christmas idea up her sleeve - so we'll see how that turns out. Heaven knows I would not do this alone. So, thank-you Emily for being so inspiring. You have definitely spread the crafting bug. I am enjoying sharing the "how to" with other peeps down here in Rancho who think I am "so crafty." HA!



5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Very cute. You are crafty whether you think so or not.

Ty Bebe said...

Wow, those pumpkins are amazing! We need to get together next time you are in California. Charlie is so stinkin' cute! All the pics of your house look amazing by the way. You have great taste in decorating!

lady said...

Very cute pumpkins! I'm going to have to agree with hoenesclan....you are crafty!!!!

lady said...

Thanks for today! We need to go shopping sometime!

Christina said...

Wow! I'm very impressed. Cute.