Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beachy Keen!

I am in California this week visiting my Grandma and my Mom while Dave is in Florida for a training for work. We have done lots of fun things here. I thought I'd put up a couple cute pictures from our outing today. I will post more later about the rest of the trip.

My Grandma and her sister took Charlie and I down to Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro today. It's about a 10 minute drive from her house. We brought some old bread to feed the birds and then took Charlie down near the water to get his "feet" wet. You can see how that turned out. He absolutely loved it.

It was a little chilly, but he really didn't mind. He did have jeans on, but he decided to sit down on the wet sand and a tiny wave got him. We were on the calm side of the beach. There is a pier on one side and a jetty on the other that break the waves and keep this little cove very calm. Charlie had a ball playing in the sand. He would throw the sand in the water and laugh when it splashed. We had to take his pants off and let him go in his diaper. (I had an extra shirt but no extra pants.) Oh well. He was a sandy little donut when we left.

Across from the beach is the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium. Lots of fish tanks to look at and some other neat displays. They also have a touch tank, but that didn't open until 1:30 and we left before then. We will have to go back for that, I think he'd really enjoy that next time.

Charlie is having a great time here with all this attention. My Grandma has lots of toys and she just lets him run the show around here. He didn't nap the first 3 days, but today he finally got 2 naps in and it was wonderful. Sleeping is always hard when we travel, but he is handling it pretty well. I was tired the first day we came because Dave and I stayed up the night before until almost 1am to watch Twilight. Plus - traveling always makes me tired. Maybe it's also the 1 year old I tote around and kept entertained on my lap during the FULL flight here. My Grandma said I look much more rested today. I think when I showed up I had bags under my eyes.

Dave is learning a lot at his training and enjoying eating out everyday at new places. I know Charlie misses him a lot. We will meet back up in Tucson together on Friday afternoon. Charlie will be so excited to see his Daddy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Emily Blais said...

I miss you... come back to AZ soon so we can do Casa Grande again. The weather here is SO BEAUTIFUL!

Hoenes Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Those are such cute pics of Charlie on the beach. I am glad you guys are both feeling more rested/

Julie said...

Looks like fun!!!

Bryce said...

If that first picture doesn't remind you of Kenny -- this kid is a Burns through and through!