Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Joy School

This year I decided to join all boys pre-school Co-op with a few other Mom's.  I taught the first month and had lots of fun getting to know all of the boys and being the teacher.
We had fun painting in our smocks and also playing with the play doh.
Below (from left to right): Charlie, Braeden, Payson, and Logan
Charlie is the youngest in the group by about 6 months, but I think it's been a good fit for him.  The curriculum is much more based on character development and values rather than academics - which I actually really like for this point in his life.  During the month that I taught the value was "Obedience and Decision Making" and next month when I teach again the value is "Sharing & Service."  He has also had lessons on Spontaneity and Goal Making - just to give you an idea of what the values are.  During one of the Spontaneous lessons, the kids were allowed to put their hands in shaving cream and play - and Logan's Mother (who was teaching then) told me Charlie was not interested at all in getting his hands dirty and asked to not participate. made me laugh. :)  We still do a kindergarten readiness lesson everyday too, but the Value lessons are super cute and well, valuable, in my opinion.
These pictures were taken just a few days before Charlie had a MAJOR haircut.  Looking back, I can't believe I let his hair get so long! But, it just took me sometime until I was ready to part with his long blonde waves and curls.

1 comment:

Mindy Burns said...

WOW!!! This is PROOF that Charlie is related to Brian! I pulled some out one day for the kids to use outside for fun (leftover from my preschool lesson) and he seriously about had a heart attack! :)